When visiting the Upper Rogue area you will see firsthand why this part of Southern Oregon is much more than just a city, dots on the map, or a collection of buildings, but rather a vibrant community of people. Those living in the Upper Rogue will flood the streets of Eagle Point on the 4th of July, sitting several rows deep and show the pride they have in this community.People from around our region will gather to be part of this amazing atmosphere and remark that they cannot believe this environment still exists today.The same can be said for other Upper Rogue Events: The Vintage Faire, Spam Festival, Union Creek Music Festival, and the River Art Walkin Shady Cove.Since 1911, the Upper Rogue has been far more an address line or stop on the highway. It is a collection of people who truly care for one another, who believe what makes a place worth living in are the people. We take pride in the fact that we can recount a story of a random act of kindness that has happened; in fact a lot of us have committed these acts. We can talk about the neighbors who watch out for us, the business owner whose level of service seems to be extinct elsewhere, or the teacher that truly is invested in seeing our children succeed.We know the high level of charity that is inherent in the Upper Rogue.While we grab our lawn chair, head out one of the many events that take place, we wave at our neighbors and welcome the company of our visitors and families passing through. We like to think that the Upper Rogue is unique. We will continue to be a collection of people who are strongly connected, dedicated to a lifestyle that most regions can only dream about. While we continue to grow, it will only add to the exceptional community being developed, it will improve our story. The Upper Rogue is a group of interacting people, united, living in close proximity. The Upper Rogue truly lives the definition of community.Whether you’re visiting our community for the first time or living here full time, the Upper Rogue offers a diverse set of attractions, no matter what your passion is, you’re sure to find it on the Upper Rogue.
- Breathtaking Natural Beauty – from Mt McLoughlin, to the Table Rocks and on up the Rogue River Valley to Crater Lake, this region is second to none in stunning views, wild places, and all manner of outdoor activities.
- Step Back in Time – Come visit the Butte Creek Mill, which the National Register of Historic Places calls, “the last water-powered grist mill, still commercially operating, this side of the Mississippi.” While you’re here, visit the Old Wood House, a circa 1870 homestead that has been preserved to prolong Rogue Valley history. Stop by the Lake Creek Historical Society and see what a cabin circa 1870 looks like at the Charley Cabin, and the oldest, and shortest, covered bridge in Oregon, Lost Creek Covered Bridge.
- Honor for Our Veterans – starting with Camp White, the National Cemetery and the Avenue of the Flags, the Upper Rogue helps, respects and pays homage to those who have served to create the country we live in.
- Golf & Wine – Whether your passion is golfing or wine tasting, the Upper Rogue has it all. In 2011-2012 the Eagle Point Golf Course was named Best in State by Golf Digest. Stone Ridge Golf Course offers an enjoyable day, and the Upper Rogue Wine Trail is sure to satisfy those most interested in tasting many different varietals and world class vintages.
- Eagle Point High School Sports Here is your resource to schedules for the Eagle point high school fall sports. Come support our local teams and cheer on our students.