The original portion of the Eagle Point Museum was the old Long Mountain School. The school was built in 1925. When it was no longer used as a school, it was moved to school district property in Eagle Point and in 1977 moved across the Main St. Bridge to its present location where it became the museum. Since then it has seen two additions and now houses the second largest collection in Jackson County. Most of the collection is from Eagle Point area families. It is located on Royal Ave., near the covered bridge.