Volunteer to carry one of the 57 state/territory flags at the Independence Day Parade! This will be the kickoff and will lead the 2017 Independence day Parade. Individuals, families, groups, organizations, are invited to volunteer. All ages are encouraged to take part. Physical requirement is being able to walk the parade route and to carry the flag which is on a dowel so they’re not that heavy.
Thank you for your interest in having a float in the 2017 Eagle Point Independence Day Parade, “A Salute to Our Veteran’s.
There is NO entry fee, although donations are accepted. If you’d like to make a donation please make checks payable to: Eagle Point Chamber of Commerce or you can donate on line here:
The parade organizes at Eagle Point High School. All entries (except cars) judged according to theme compliance.
Car entries judged under commonly accepted guidelines.
To be eligible for judging, entries must be in line before category time listed below.
Persons/groups violating these rules will be removed from the parade.
- Absolutely NO candy or water may be shot or thrown into the crowd from any parade entry!
- Children in parade MUST be accompanied by adult (18 years or over)
- No walking dogs unless wearing “booties”. Dogs may ride on/in parade vehicles. Dogs must be good natured and in complete control at all times.
- All horses, livestock, and other animals must be pre-approved.
First, second, third place ribbons will be awarded in the following categories:
Vehicles, Floats, Music, Children/Family/Church/Schools, livestock, people choice and judges choice.
Please click the image below and fill out the on-line form below, or you can print off a PDF available on this link and mail it in.
We are now accepting applications for the two biggest events in the Upper Rogue. The 10th Annual vintage Faire, Saturday, May 13th and the Independence Day Parade, Tuesday, July 4th. You can fill out the on-line form and pay on-line or you can choose the printable form available here and mail it in.
Registration is now open for the annual Eagle Point July 4th 5K and Fun Run. All proceeds go towards the July 4th day long celebration. We hope you come for the Fun Run and stay for the day. The new Main Street spray park will be open, bands will play and we hope to top last year’s spectacular fireworks show.
This year, the Fun Run, will have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons for participants in the standard age categories up to 80+. There will also be a special award for the overall winners.
- Pre-registrations must be received by Saturday, July 1st, Midnight.
- Race day registrations will be accepted from 6:30 am – 7:45 am.
- Pre-Race Adult $20. Youth UNDER 17 $7. T-Shirt $10.
- Race Day Adult & Youth $25. T-Shirt $15
NOTE: Race day signups will be EXTREMELY limited! Pre-registration is HIGHLY encouraged!
COURSE: Both courses begin and end on Main Street. These are family-friendly courses, chip timed by Southern Oregon Runners Club.
AWARDS: At the starting area immediately following the Race.
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Place Ribbons for all Standard Race Categories including 80+.
- Overall Male and Female, 5K and 1 Mile winners.
- Race Day Packets may be picked up on Race day on Main Street from 7:00 am – 7:45 am
- Pre-Race Packets may be picked up, Monday, July 3rd, at the Eagle Point Library from 3:00 pm – 7:30 pm.
REFRESHMENTS: Will be available immediately following the Race.
RACE ENTRANT PRIZE DRAWING: Must Be Present to Win
RACE CONTACT: Ruth Jenks, Race Director 541-941-8537 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to all the participants of the 2016 Fun Run on Independence Day! Our winners are:
5K – Male
- Tyler Van Dyke – Overall 5K Winner
- Kevin Van Dyke
- Thaddeus Gala
5K – Female
- Janelle Ralph
- Sarah Adamek
- Leslie Fox
1M – Male
- Cody Murphy
- Eric Tyrell
- Easton Raber
1M – Female
- Laura Raber – Overall 1M Winner – First Person to Cross Finish Line
- Mary Kate Jantzer
- Mary Broughton